• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to buy some paint

XxAdioxX

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my XJ with a smashed fender, so I got one another one from a junkyard and need to shoot it along with the hood. I got a gun and am going to do it myself and am having trouble finding places to buy some automotive paint. I won't need much and the car is black so matching wont be hard. Quailty doens't have to be amazing, and the cheaper the better.

So does anyone know of online paint stores where I can pick up a couple of quarts of paint? And I'm doing basecoat/clearcoat.

I'm no body/paint tech by any means but I'm in the middle of getting a 90 XJ painted and I have learned some from the experts. Use a descent base and spend top dollar for the clear coat. Start with a quality primer as well. I'm at about $500 in paint right now(PPG)

These guys look pretty good: TCPglobal, though I haven't bought anything through them yet. I just bought from my local ppg dealer, which I found here.

Also, I think there's a paint and body work forum around here someplace...

if you are really not too anal about what its gonna look like , you could go to tractor supply and get some implament paint they have there its for tractors so its very durable and cheep to , and if you get a wild hair ,you could always get some john deere green of minniapolis moline orange !!! :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil :firedevil

Back