• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tacoma Pass to Easton

hards91xj

NAXJA Member #790
The bridge over the Yakima River has been out for years but has been crossable by 4x4`s in the past.Has anybody been there lately and knows if it is still dobable ??

I`ve been there now, and a few corrections ....
3 XJ`s; T&A XJ,D&D in red XJ and Hards XJ left at 7:55 am
It`s a great trip for stock rigs and NO" Cascade Pinstripping".Enumclaw to Greenwater FS70 rd to the FS 7030 up to Old Twin Camps ,right to Windy Ridge/Gap. GREAT VIEWS Mt Rainier on the right Stewart Range in the distance on the left,after a couple of turnarounds and I think thats the way, downhill we went ,Oh this looks familair ,things changed in 6 years, The road was alot better than I thought it would be.At the bottom turned right,OH man lead dog has a good view of a Bear running up the road.
54 /52 rd ? over Tacoma Pass not much of a pass onto 41 rd finally the bypass trail to the water crossing thats not the Yakima River:laugh3: well it was alot deeper and by the destruction it has been in the past ,We crossed Cabin Creek in 2hi then into the backyard of Easton.
Enumclaw Safeway to CleElum Safeway that way 70mi easy with stops 4 hr.
,T&A,Tim and his 2 girls broke away to visit relatives in CleElum area.
Dale , Douglas and I headed for So CleElum and up to Peoh Pt then on our way to Buck Meadows ,OOOPs D&D are having overheating and no power problems ,Ok take it easy down the Buck Meadows Tr cross the long wooden bridge then with
"tech asst Hammer and long bar "break a hole through the cat and WOW were going again,[I was starting to have "land Rover flashback"] ,Up the Tripod Flat tr toward Funny Rocks down the Milk Pond rd to 410 and home....Alittle over 200 mi. 7:15 pm home.
What a Great Day .....

hards91xj said:
[I was starting to have "land Rover flashback"]

Howard, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard :roflmao:

Those sound like all your directions looking for a trail :D

Michael

It wasn't a great day for me!!!!!

two more weeks and the house should be done.

keep me on the list!!!!

Back