• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tersflex to JKS discos

bmpxj

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I have been a lurker on the forum for some time, but have never posted...so howdy to everyone. I usually find what I'm looking for through the search function, however I did not find the answer to my current question, though it is possible I missed a thread somewhere.

My question:
I have access to a set of FREE Teraflex swaybar discos. I see there is some drilling required for the install. I am eventually going to 4.5" lift and would like to go with JKS Quicker disconnects. If I put the Teraflex on will that prevent me from using the JKS in the future? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current set-up:
2000 XJ, 4.0, AW4, 3.5" lift, 31X10.50 Pro Comp Xtreme MT's

do you have to drill the bottom mounting hole bigger for the tera discos? if so, yes it will cause problems in the future if you go to JKS. The bottom bolt on the JKS is the same size as the factory hole. Happy First Post.

I had teh teras and wasnt too happy with them, they werent bad but my jeep is so bent and twisten nothing likes to line up. I would hold out for the jks or some from nth degree.

I have Gen 2 discos from RE and they are cake to use.

So I guess this is of no help to you.

Sorry I felt left out...

Drilling, huh? I had some Teraflex discos and I don't remember doing any drilling. Then I moved up to some JKS ones. No problem making the change.

I've installed 2 sets of teraflex disco's and had no drilling either..

Re: Teraflex to JKS discos

OK...thanks for all the info...maybe the instructions are for something other than a XJ...I'll probably try to get ahold of Tera & see what they are referring to...just hate to pass up something free if it won't interfere with future plans.

The only drilling required for my Tera Flex disco's was for the small hooks that you use to latch the strap onto when you swing them up out of the way. You just drill a small pilot hole through the sheet metal for the mounting screws. It's not anything that will effect future mods.

PS. I like the Tera model. It's simple and strong. May not be the easiest to disconnect & reconnect (it's not hard), but I've never used any of the others.

Back