• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ doors

EnderUSAF

NAXJA Forum User
Will pre 97 XJ doors fit on a 97 XJ? I'm looking for some doors for my XJ to mod to half doors because I want to keep my full doors for when I'm driving off the trail. Now the hinge style I have on my door is the older style, so either then a that are there any other differences that would prevent me from using older doors since they will most likely be easier to find.

The hinges are the same. The strikers and latches are different, but it can be done. I went the other way on my old Jeep. Put 97+ doors on a 96.

My 95 and my 2000 hinges are "completely" different!!

Yeah, the hinges on my 97 are the pre 97 style. But I wasn't sure if the shape of the doors in previous years where any different. I'm trying to find some extra doors that I can turn in to half doors, and was wondering what year of XJ's doors I would be able to do this with. Mainly I just need to get a set for the rear so the kids have doors to keep em in.

Half doors aren't going to make much difference, the back doors are pretty small anyway and the back seat sits kind of high on them. I second the vote on just trusting the old seatbelts. :thumbup:

BTW, is it irresponsible to drive around with the doors off and a kid in the back in a car seat? He's strapped in the middle...real tight...

Add ome duct tape for added security

Back