• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c compressor

gigage

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this ??. The valves on the compressor for suction and discharge are they open when they are screwed in, or out? 90 pioneer 4.0

gigage said:
I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this ??. The valves on the compressor for suction and discharge are they open when they are screwed in, or out? 90 pioneer 4.0
When they're screwed in.

well, I guess I screwed up. I just got through replacing the compressor, x-valve, and dryer. I think I pulled vac on the system at least that's what the gauge said. I started the charging procedure, and evidently had the valves opened and closed wrong. After 3 cans of r12 I realized that something was not right. Now I am not sure where I am on this thing. This was my first one and never really had it clear in my head. I shut everything off and am afraid of touching anything at this point, it seems to have pressure on the system.

Any advice would be helpful. Other than stop screwing with it and take it to a shop, which will probably happen anyway.:wierd:

Back