• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spec vs. Centerforce vs. LUK heavy duty vs SACHs

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
So it's time I get a clutch to go with my new-to-me NV3550, who should I go with? I'm looking at spending around $200.
I'm big into v-dubs and I member running with Sach on a corrado I had, it was a good clutch with no issues.
Any recomendations other than Sach in my price range? Stage one with centerforce is about the same price as the stage one spec, and the LUK heavy duty is about the same too (around $225). oh and Sachs heavy duty is about 225 too.

LUK is what the factory uses. we got good milage out of ours including offroading, so when i had the drivetrain out for some other work i decided to just replace it while i was already in there. not because it was bad. so i did some research and found out about the LUK gold performance.

i was looking at some of the other brands and just couldn't decide between all their hype and promises. so for the first time in my jeeps life i stuck with the factory brand. LOL

If you're not upgrading the motor, there's no good reason to upgrade the clutch.

The only case where this would be a good thing is if you aren't geared properly and end up slipping it a lot, so you'd want some sort of material that would dissipate heat better so you didn't toast your flywheel and pressure plate right away. However anything that meets the above will likely have more grip to it anyway so the slip threshold won't be as easy to maintain.

In over 120k miles of XJ'ing I've never had one case where a factory clutch has slipped at a time it shouldn't have. YMMV.

Back