• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 filter

Drop the pan, and I believe there are 2 bolts that hold it up to the tranny....

Just make sure you torque everything back down to spec....

The AW4 filter is usually not more than a metal screen. Clean and replace is usually all that's needed.

Clean out the pan and clean off the magnet in the pan - since that's where the yock collects.

There is a drain plug - and I probably drop the pan about every third time I change the fluid, since that's plenty enough to make sure you get things cleaned out (and check for metal accumulation on the magnet.)

You'll get a LOT of use out of your 10m/m socket, and you should find torque specs on my website (link in sig.) I haven't gotten FSMs for every year yet, but pick a year close to yours if it's not there. The AW4 didn't change mechanically, and you're not working on internals, so the specs I've gotten will work fine.

DO NOT overtorque the screws - it's painfully easy to crush the gasket, and you'll have to replace it then...

Back