• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Theory\Sanity Check on Shadetree Lift

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ... just looking for a sanity check and opinions ... to start, my 01 XJ currently sits at less than 1/4" of sag ... so I'm starting off pretty good.

Let's also assume I don't have time to hunt parts at the P&P ... so

From Quadratec:

XJ HD Leafs - 56010.11
ZJ Coils - 52449.1067
XJ Coil Isolators - 56020.100

Now, the ZJ coils with the isolator net 2" right ? And the HD leafs net 1" correct ? So I coul take a non-main leaf of my current pack to get and extra inch ... correct ? Then a set of Bilstein 5100's to round it out.

The total I come to with everythnig (busings, Bilstein shocks, etc.) comes to $500 to my door. Is thing going to be better than the OME 2" for $800 to the door ? I am looking to firm the ride up a bit.

This lift will be temporary. Ultimately i am planning on a 4" TF with Bilsteins. The reason i plan on doing the temp lift is to clear the 30's i just put on and because i need to sink some scratch initially on new tierods, etc. (improper maint. by PO :( ) This also keeps some money in the kitty for the SYE. It will go on now so when the time comes for the 4", it is alrady done.

Or, with my pack not suffering much to start with, is a basic budget boost from RE at $275 to the door better. I have not had good experiences in the past with RE, but it seems like on the XJ they have a good rep.

How 'bout ACOS up front or 2" isolator and an MJ shackle and AAL in the rear.

If his rear leafs are starting to sag, the AAL or a larger shackle wont hold up...

I would go with the OME kit....you can get to 4" later on by adding the extra leaf from OME and a 1" boomerang shackle, and adding an ACOS up front.

JNickel101 said:
If his rear leafs are starting to sag, the AAL or a larger shackle wont hold up...

I would go with the OME kit....you can get to 4" later on by adding the extra leaf from OME and a 1" boomerang shackle, and adding an ACOS up front.

He said the lift is temporary.

Also didn't say why he was lifting it.

Mall crawler or trail runner? :dunno:

Pretty vague info to elicit a quality response. :huh:

ACCOS are overrated if you ask me. for what they cost you can almost get a budget boost. at the very least you can buy a front spacer and rear add-a-leaf or a shackle or other combination.

use right now is DD and the start of duck\Deer\turkey season. i got a great deal on some brand new 30's and what to clear them on the hunting trails. After this season, i will go for the full lift. going to wear the rubber down on the 30's a bit first.

The rocklizard thing is what got me started down the ZJ coil path. my time is really short right now and combing the P&P really isnt in the time budget right now ... thus the quadratec stuff.

scorpio_vette said:
ACCOS are overrated if you ask me. for what they cost you can almost get a budget boost. at the very least you can buy a front spacer and rear add-a-leaf or a shackle or other combination.

ACOS up front or 2" isolator

Notice I said "or"

mikegronholz said:
use right now is DD and the start of duck\Deer\turkey season. i got a great deal on some brand new 30's and what to clear them on the hunting trails. After this season, i will go for the full lift. going to wear the rubber down on the 30's a bit first.

The rocklizard thing is what got me started down the ZJ coil path. my time is really short right now and combing the P&P really isnt in the time budget right now ... thus the quadratec stuff.

So your putting on the full lift in the spring?

Then I stand by my original suggestion, 2" poly isolator up front OR ACOS and a MJ shackle OR AAL OR 1" spacer in the rear.

Thanks for all the help ... I went the poly route ... here is what i got ...

2 Teraflex 1.5" spacers (add the factory isolators for the 2")
2 new center pins
4 new ubolts
Homemade rear pack from donor XJ springs
4 Bilstein 5100 shocks for XJ's with 2-3" of lift

Total cost was $379 to my door. Off Road Warehouse ROCKS !!!

karstic ... btw ... If it flies it dies :D going to Stuttgart in late november ... 3 days of bustin' greenheads ... oh yeah :party:

Back