• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

powder coating

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
what have you guys paid for powder coating? i have no idea what a good price is and i wanna get my front bumper powder coated...when i get it of course, so what prices have you paid for front bumpers?? thanks.

Call a few different shops in your area. Prices may vary from region to region.

I paid $75.00 to get a custom bumper powdercoated. Expect to pay $10-20 extra if sandblasting is needed. Control arms and small brackets are $4-6 each with sandblasting.

Call, most can give you a quote without seeing your bumper.

Don't be fooled into thinking it's an easy process, there is a huge difference amongst shops doing it. I'll be honest and tell you I could get products coated for like $20 and probably help it as a selling point, but I'd also be selling a junk coating. The junk method is to blast it, clean it and coat it. What happens is you get a rock chip or scratch, rust develops underneath the coating and it ends up peeling off.

A new powdercoating shop opened up not too far from here and we've been talking with them about sending some of our products their way. They do top notch work. They blast it then zinc plate it before coating which will stop the rust from forming if it get's chipped.

AJsArmor said:
Don't be fooled into thinking it's an easy process, there is a huge difference amongst shops doing it. I'll be honest and tell you I could get products coated for like $20 and probably help it as a selling point, but I'd also be selling a junk coating. The junk method is to blast it, clean it and coat it. What happens is you get a rock chip or scratch, rust develops underneath the coating and it ends up peeling off.

A new powdercoating shop opened up not too far from here and we've been talking with them about sending some of our products their way. They do top notch work. They blast it then zinc plate it before coating which will stop the rust from forming if it get's chipped.

Thats a good idea, now if the prices stay reasonable while doing it would be even better!

Back