• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Shocks for 3" lift

Bignicope

NAXJA Forum User
I can't remember where I saw it. But I remember seeing a post for stock shocks off another vehicle that can be used on the XJ if you have a 3" lift. They are suppose to be slightly longer shocks that better fit a lift then the stock XJ shocks. Does anybody know what the shocks were from?

SHOCKS - You have a few options on shocks and can save some $$$ by going the "Monroe" route on shocks... ya end up with a 'lifetime' warranty to boot. These are best used for 3" of final lift.

Monroe GasMatics.
I tried to install these at first but unfortunately did not find a set of the correct bushings. These shocks WILL work! I just didn't figure out how to make them work until I had returned them! You must be prepared to make them work as noted below.
FRONT - You can use front shocks for a 1987-1995 Wrangler but they don't have the bar pins in them so you'll need to swap in your lower bar pins or use front BPE's. The Wrangler lower bushings appear smaller in diameter so I'd recommend the BPE's. (Monroe #59352 - $20 each.)
LiftShocks.jpg

REAR - Shocks for 1995 ford f150 4wd have the perfect length for up to ~4" lift but you need to swap lower bushings out. You need to visually check these before leaving the store as these trucks had 4 shocks and one pair is longer than the other... get the longer ones! (Monroe #59578 - $20 each.)
Shocks for ~2-3" of lift

Credit to RockLizard for digging these up! Check out his FANTASTIC Budget Boost article which does a great job of covering budget boosting. I think he's even a bigger cheapskate than I am... I like it! If you're looking for a great boost for 2" of lift... check it out!

Monroe Sensa-Trac shocks.
FRONT: Vehicle: 1993 - 1998 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED -WITH- Up-Country Suspension Engine: V8 5.2 Liter FI
Sensa-Trac Truck Shock Absorber: Front; (Zj Chassis); With Up Country Suspension
Part Number: 37193
REAR: Vehicle: 1986 - 1992 JEEP COMMANCHE Engine: all

Sensa-Trac Truck Shock Absorber: Rear
Part #37029

Taken from http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/Budget_Lift.htm

You could try places like AutoZone or Napa but I'm guessing you'll have to order them. 4wd has them, JKS part #9603. $34.95/front, $36.95/rear.

Back