• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ D44 drum brake issue

xj-boonie

NAXJA Forum User
So I went to get the drums turned, and one of them is at the max, so it can't be turned, and O'Reilly Auto in Hastings said they couldn't get the drums. I looked them up on www.rockauto.com but there are several choices, so I'm not sure which ones are the right ones. Thoughts?

BTW they are 10" x 2.5"

Mike

PS Posted in the OEM forum, as it's an OEM axle, but I am swapping it into a 96, so would that be the modified forum??? :)

2515 looks like the proper ones. It looks like XJ, CJ and YJ share the same size. Don't buy the cheap ones, they won't last. I never go to O'Reilly, Advance, PEP boys, or any of those discount parts stores. The counter guys only know what they can read off the computer screen, right or wrong. I always go to NAPA because they actually know how to look up parts and they make sure I get the right parts the first time. I have been using the same counterman for 4 + years at NAPA. Every seen the same guy twice at O'Reilly ?

Last edited:
Tim_MN said:
. I have been using the same counterman for 4 + years at NAPA. Every seen the same guy twice at O'Reilly ?
x2 I only go to the other guys for brake cleaner, seafoam, things like that... or if its 9:30pm :D

Napa's web site list two for the D44, any idea what more money gets?

Back