• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grip Force, Beck Arnley, AMS, Duralast, Fenco, Perfect, Dana CLUTCHES

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so these are the clutches:

Grip Force
Beck Arnley
AMS
Duralast
Fenco
Perfect
Dana

I am yet to hear any reviews on them so I was curious to see if any one is running them and what they think. Espcially of the Dana one. That one is being sold by Napa and the idiots at my local store had no idea who or what Dana was. The guy said "oh, I dont even know who makes his" and I told him it was Dana but I didnt know if it was Dana off brand or Dana Spicer and he said "oh, yeah its gotta be a Spicer, Dana isnt good" thats when I walked out.

Post them up!
WarnJeepXJ.JPG

I've used Beck on a couple of imports with good results (they're killer for supplying import parts!) and is "Perfect" short for "Perfection Hy-Test?" I've used them as well.

I've not used the rest, and "Duralast" sounds like a house brand for Autozone, I think - who makes it for them?

5-90 said:
I've used Beck on a couple of imports with good results (they're killer for supplying import parts!) and is "Perfect" short for "Perfection Hy-Test?" I've used them as well.

I've not used the rest, and "Duralast" sounds like a house brand for Autozone, I think - who makes it for them?

Duralast is the house brand for Kragen, not bad on price either.

Perfect is just what came up on Kragen. Didn't state hy-test.
If any one has any others that have not been reviewed please post them up.
This is an open thread for any clutch co. reviews since I'm in the market and I know many of us are too.

I've personally used several Beck Arnley clutches on a few imports with great results. I also used a Zoom Hi-perf on my 89 Toyota truck and I loved it. I installed the clutch when the truck had 170k on it, I've since sold it to a co-worker and the truck has 320k on it... still the same clutch and still works great.

When I worked for Napa I sold hundreds of their clutches and can only recall a few unsatisfied customers, IIRC they were Dana-Spicers but my memory sucks. I know they don't currently carry the same clutches I used to sell. I Also sold more than a few Beck-Arnleys and never had a complaint.

To be honest with you, I have no clue who is making Napa's line of clutches now. I'd call my local store, but he's closed already.

*EDIT* I also never had a problem with Napa's line of Remanufactered clutch parts, and they are still done by the same company... That's what I'm running in my Scout.

Last edited:
Back