• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK 3-link questions/problems

JMO4yaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RK 3-link upgrade with 6.5 inches of lift, now that I have been runing it a had a few chances to put it through the paces I have two problems that I was hoping anyone could help me out with.
Problem one I have a rustys offroad HD trackbar and frame mount setup, I have bent the adustable link on the trackbar numerous times, this has happened even with the sway bar connected to limit travel, I have heard that these track bars are know to bend the ends, so should I throw out the rusty's setup and go with somthing differnet or is there a reason this keeps bending. I am running 6.5 inches of lift and 33's .
Problem two, I finally had the chance to put this on a RTI ramp(scored a 760!) but when flexed all the way with the drivers tire on the ramp the front driveshaft hits the upper arm of the 3-link, just wondering what could be this cause of this, pinion angle to high? There is no binding anywhere that I can see and no vibrations on the highway, any help would be great, thanks.

Yes, the Rusty's bars bend and break like they are made of clay or glass....known too many people who've broken them....get a TNT trackbar and frame side bracket....

well the more you bend it, the weaker it is getting. I don't think there should be a problem if you have proper thread engagement. Their is definately better out there, RE, TNT, JKS etc.

I'd go with the RK trackbar setup, give dc4wd.com a call for a great price. Its what I am running with my RK 3 link, works great.

Not sure why your driveshaft would hit your upper arm, my pinion barely rotates when the suspension flexes, it stays pretty much pointed at the t-case the whole time.

Blue XJ said:
I'd go with the RK trackbar setup, give dc4wd.com a call for a great price. Its what I am running with my RK 3 link, works great.

Not sure why your driveshaft would hit your upper arm, my pinion barely rotates when the suspension flexes, it stays pretty much pointed at the t-case the whole time.

Yeah I'm not sure either, I'll have to take some pics of it, All I have right now are the marks on the upper arm to prove it has happend twice. I'll figure it out someday.

I was having the same issue with the upper arm and pinion. I shortened the upper arm a little and it seems to have cured that issue. By shortening the upper arm you will be bring the pinion angle down a little.

Back