• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Automatic lines into Radiator

sbilbrey

NAXJA Forum User
1998 XJ 4.0 Auto, removing rad, the bottom tranny cooling line does not have a fitting on it. It had one brass nut on it, but when I removed it the line went into the rad. Any ideas.

Thanks,
Sam

You need special little tools to release the one line and the other is a regular fitting. A line wrench will work on the fitting. You can use a regular wrench, just be carfull you don't slip off and strip the head. Here are the special tools I was talking about. They slip up inside to release the fitting, which is just before the brass nut you are refering to, and it will just pull apart. Tighten that fitting back up and get some of these. Here is a link to Advance.
apo_t70098.jpg

The reason I know is because I replaced my rad. also. I got stuck in the same place you did. I have the little release tools now so I'll prolly never need them again.:rolleyes:

Back