• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Info on new BFG muds?

98xjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
when is the new BFG mud terrian tire going to come out. I have seen pics of it in a magizine but no one has it on their website. It looks pretty sweet and i am going to need some new tires so as my mickey thomson MTZ didnt last to long.

You could email them. They are pretty quick to reply. Only took about 2 working days for my ???'s

Rob

2000xj said:
Hope you are not looking for the new style in 15"...they won't be making any!
Are you sure? That would be one retarded move on their part that would throw alot of sales out the window including mine. I have only bought BFG's and all of them have been with 15 inch wheels. Almost every Jeep runs 15 inch wheels. Where did you hear this?

They are out. I saw them in a shop in Parker Colorado last week. They look like the Krawlers with just a hint of the old mud TA look in the tread. They were 20" rims and they got 5 sets out of 19 sets in the state. ITB4X4 is the shop if you need 20"'s. I like my 35x13.5x15 Krawlwers and these new Mud TA's may be good if you can stop popping the sidwalls on twigs and pebbles like the old ones. I have never seen a tire pop so easy as a mud TA so get them from a place that has road hazard warrenty or put them on a street truck you want to look cool. Maybe thats why they only come in a 20". Cheap ass thin sidwalls won't work on the trail or a 1 ton pickup so they just made the sidewall smaller. It was all I could do to bring myself to buy a BFG tire but the Krawler had a good reputation for being a strong radial tire.

Yes positive, NO 15" This has been covered on other forums, and I didn't believe them so I wrote BFG. There answer was that there will be no 15" in the new configuration, but they are still going to making the 15" size in the current configuration.

Stumpalump said:
They are out. I saw them in a shop in Parker Colorado last week. They look like the Krawlers with just a hint of the old mud TA look in the tread. They were 20" rims and they got 5 sets out of 19 sets in the state. ITB4X4 is the shop if you need 20"'s. I like my 35x13.5x15 Krawlwers and these new Mud TA's may be good if you can stop popping the sidwalls on twigs and pebbles like the old ones. I have never seen a tire pop so easy as a mud TA so get them from a place that has road hazard warrenty or put them on a street truck you want to look cool. Maybe thats why they only come in a 20". Cheap ass thin sidwalls won't work on the trail or a 1 ton pickup so they just made the sidewall smaller. It was all I could do to bring myself to buy a BFG tire but the Krawler had a good reputation for being a strong radial tire.
The new pattern M/Ts have been out for quite a while in the 20" size. The regular sized tires won't be here until Spring, from what I hear.

-----Matt-----

2000xj said:
Yes positive, NO 15" This has been covered on other forums, and I didn't believe them so I wrote BFG. There answer was that there will be no 15" in the new configuration, but they are still going to making the 15" size in the current configuration.

they release the ridiculously sized rims first, more common sizes such as 15" will be released next year, thats what they told me.

BFG really sounds like they have their crap together haha

if i were them i would hold off on releasing the 15, 16, and 17 sizes too. think of all the money they would lose on the current mt if they released the new style. they would be competing with themselves and killing their own market.

There was info on Pirate about this. New sizes should be out later this fall. Only huge rims sizes though. More sizes will be coming out later, including 15" rims.

BFGoodrichKM2.jpg

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in BFGoodrich tires.

The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 is scheduled to be released in September
2007. The following sizes are tentatively scheduled to be available at that
date:

LT315/75R16/D
LT245/70R17/E
LT285/70R17/D
LT305/65R17/E
35x12.50R17/D
37X12.50R17/D
38x14.50R17/D
40x14.50R17/C
LT305/60R18/E
35x12.50R18/D
37x12.50R18/D
LT305/55R20/E
LT325/60R20/D
37x12.50R20/D
42x14.50R20/C
LT335/55R22/D

The rest of the sizes are supposed to be released September 2008...

Stumpalump said:
It was all I could do to bring myself to buy a BFG tire but the Krawler had a good reputation for being a strong radial tire.

The sidewalls are not that good. Better then the old yes but not as good a say a swamper or claw.

Man, I'm surprised Rev hasn't chimed in on this convo yet.....I know he loves BFGs....

:)

JNickel101 said:
Man, I'm surprised Rev hasn't chimed in on this convo yet.....I know he loves BFGs....

:)

He's getting married to AT's in the spring.

Back