• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Limiting straps

Jeep914x4

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking about putting some limiting straps to stop my front end from extending to the point that the LCA hits the shock mount because the LCA is getting notched. I think I am going to run 25 inch extended shocks so do I need a limiting strap? The shock will stop it but will that be bad for the shocks? I have a BPE, 3 inch lift, RE LCA's.

Thank You,
Mike M., New Mexico

Limiting straps are your friend. Just find a ramp or rock that you can flex up the vehical and measure from where you will mount the straps. You can easily weld tabs on (or have a friend do this for you) to mount the straps.

SeanP

Cut off the piece of the coil seat that is hitting your LCA.

Where is a good place to mount the straps so that they don't get in anythings way? Anyone have any pics of their setup?

I think I am going to cut down the place where it is hitting but I still want to stop my suspension from going to the point where it binds.

Thanks again,
Michael Montoya

Back