• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS

On the transmission.
Looks like this.

fig5.jpg

Last edited:
Passenger side, forward of centre (as I recall. The shift shaft from the driver's side goes all the way through the case, and goes through the NSS.)

Search up for removal and cleaning instructions. I know it's here - I know I've covered it at least a half-dozen times. There are also a few writeups on cleaning the thing elsewhere (like www.madxj.com, www.jeepin.com, and a few others,) but search here for instructions on removing the thing without breaking it - it's tricky. And fragile.

If you are going to try and clean it, be sure to check the springs that are under the two contacts. They get real weak. When I cleaned mine I just stretched these out and thought that would be good. Needless to say I had to take it back off a week later because the backup lights quit again. So this time I replaced them with some new ones that I got from a surplus store. They where too long but where the right diameter. So I just cut them to fit.

deumbower said:
If you are going to try and clean it, be sure to check the springs that are under the two contacts. They get real weak. When I cleaned mine I just stretched these out and thought that would be good. Needless to say I had to take it back off a week later because the backup lights quit again. So this time I replaced them with some new ones that I got from a surplus store. They where too long but where the right diameter. So I just cut them to fit.

Well. you are luckey. I coudn't find a new spring. I (stupid) lost one of the tiny springs! I drilled a bigger hole in the arm of the switch and used a spring of a ballpoint 5 mm.round.:doh: It works very fine now. greetings

Last edited:
Back