• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

digital ignition

I don't see it adding much if any power. In the past I have done ignition upgrades and realized no performance gain. Not just by seat of the pants but actual track testing. My jeep is the only vehicle I have not drag raced and its time is coming lol.

Sounds just like an MSD box. I have an MSD 6AL box on my 4.6L stroker and noticed better idle, better throttle response, and 2mpg better mileage with it installed. Couldnt really say that it added much if any horse power. If you have the money to spend, its not a bad item to buy compared to buying a tornado spinner intake thingy :looney:

AARON

1) Make sure it will work with RENIX, and that it won't cause you to run afoul of the Air Police (I'd like to run a Vertex, but CA won't let me...)

2) Unless you're going to do other mods to complement it, there are probably better places to spend your money. RENIX ignition is plenty hot enough for stockers. So, unless you're going to up basic compression, or go to forced induction, save the money toward your next set of tyres.

thanks for your help guys. im just trying to build a nice Cherokee for the street with a focus on better gas mileage.:patriot:

Back