• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans mount replace

abzrocka

NAXJA Forum User
Ok how the h3ll do you get to the two upper bolts? I know you can use a jack to lift the trans. How far is too far? I just can't seem to get any room to get at them. Especially the one closest to the "frame" rail. I thought there was a writeup on this but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

abzrocka said:
Ok how the h3ll do you get to the two upper bolts? I know you can use a jack to lift the trans. How far is too far? I just can't seem to get any room to get at them. Especially the one closest to the "frame" rail. I thought there was a writeup on this but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.
you did drop the crossmember, right??? if you drop the crossmember the bolts are nicely accessible.

abzrocka said:
I havn't dropped the crossmember. Didn't really know if I should. I'll give that a shot.
Yup, you gotta drop it. Steps I follow are:
1. Support the tranny
2. Drop the crossmember
3. Remove mount
4. Attach new mount
5. Attach crossmember
6. Remove support.

Yeah, I dropped the crossmember, makes it very easy to replace.

Didn't see this until now but that is what this forum is all about. One Jeeper helping out another Jeeper. If you can't find an answer on this forum then you ain't driving an XJ.

abzrocka said:
and done. thanks guys. that was cake. thanks for answering a noobs question.

Back