• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP with xj, no power

Xjcowboy

NAXJA Forum User
ok well yesterday whil driving my jeep died. It was wiered my radio and all cut of but not my lights. Well after a while of moving things around it started. Then i pushed the button to close my window and the jeep started diying on me and it did.After that the jeep wouldnt do anything.Ok well today i got at it and was checking all the wires I have no power supply to the ignition switch. Is thier a relay or something i cant seem to trace the wire. When u turn the key to on none of the gauges move at all. its an 89 jeep xj automatic 4.0

Last edited:
check your altinator. same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. i died. then it turned over and started. i played with something electrical it died completley until the battery was dead. charged the battery up shut off everything electrical and drove it to the mechanic. barely made it there. he hooked it up to the charger played with it. it was the altinator. i ordered one and got put on the next day(over night shipping ^_^) and i havnt had a problem since.

ok i went at it again. The jeep has no power on the red cable leading the the starter connection on the steering colum. Thats why nothing turns on (radio,fuel pump, nothing). battery is good alternator is good, all lights come on. Would the starter relay cause this?

images

On a related note, killing power with the windows was a hallmark of my broken ground int he rear D/S fender well...

This resurrection could be the result of someone using SEARCH.

You know, you ask a question and the forum police beat you down to the ground and tell you to " try using search " without ever helping you with your problem.

So you use SEARCH to avoid the beat down and replay to the thread that comes up as relevant.

Then as a result of using SEARCH and responding to an old thread, another squad of Forum police come along and beat you down for responding to an old thread.

SEARCH <---- damned if you do, and damned if you don't !!!!!

It would be different if he actually did ask a question/had a similar problem instead of ANSWERING a four year old thread...

Last edited:
This resurrection could be the result of someone using SEARCH.

You know, you ask a question and the forum police beat you down to the ground and tell you to " try using search " without ever helping you with your problem.

So you use SEARCH to avoid the beat down and replay to the thread that comes up as relevant.

Then as a result of using SEARCH and responding to an old thread, another squad of Forum police come along and beat you down for responding to an old thread.

SEARCH <---- damned if you do, and damned if you don't !!!!!

Nominated.

Back