• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is My XJ Lifted?

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
I recently acquired a 95 XJ Sport and it is 17 inches from the kick panel under the drivers door to the ground with 30 inch tires. It seems somewhat higher than some I see on the road. Could it already have some lift? Did the factory lift some higher than other models? It has stock aluminum wheels and the spare has never been on the ground so I know the tires are stock size. If this is stock how big of tires and wheels can I put on it without lifting it?

IIRC there was an "Up Country" package that was an inch or two taller than stock. How long are your rear bumpstops? Does it have any of the factory skids or tow hitch? What about a factory tranny cooler?

How about the rear sway bar....is that missing completely? Up Country package didn't come with a rear sway....

Yes I 4th that WHAT! Anyways center of the front spindle to the top of the fender is 18" . Bump stops in the rear are 2 ". It didn't come with a hitch receiver but I added one. It has a trans cooler built into the radiator but not an auxilliary one. Skid only on the gas tank. No rear sway bar.
What do you think?

what about your rear measurements?

are there mounts still there for a rear sway bar or does it look like there was never one there.....

how many leaves in the leaf pack?

I was wrong there is an anti roll bar. Couldn't see it until I rolled up under the rear.
4 leafs
17 inches from center of the hub to fender flair

Back