• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for Parts

danzy

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of where I could buy a few replacement items? Steering wheel, driver side seltbelt? Mine are in rough condition looking to replace. Also looking for a factory stock radio with CD player.
Thanks

Junkyard, unless you are opposed to that kind of thing.

If you want new stuff, well, if you don't have/don't want an airbag, you can usually get all kinds of steering wheels from www.summitracing.com. Not sure about the seatbelt...

Why would you want a factory radio/head unit? It will cost you as much, or more, except maybe from a junkyard, than a decent aftermarket stereo. If you're trying to keep everything original, then really your only choice is a junkyard, or look in the For Sale forum to see whether anybody is ditching their factory stereo.

You may want to look for a junkyard that is a pic-n-pull type. You pay about $2.00 and wander the yard and you remove the parts you need. You can get some good stuff way cheaper than new old stock.

Blaine B. said:
The local pick and pull wanted $68.00 for a fender. Screw that, I'll run fenderless.

Dude, that's not a bad price! Fenderless in Jersey is like flying a flag that says"pull me over officer". New replacement fender from Quadratec=$99.99 plus shipping and paint.

I picked one up at my p-n-p with the right color and badge and a power antenna for $42.00. You can get inexpencive parts if you look. I should know my rig is all done in junkyard parts.

Pigpen:greensmok

danzy said:
Anyone know of where I could buy a few replacement items? Steering wheel, driver side seltbelt? Mine are in rough condition looking to replace. Also looking for a factory stock radio with CD player.
Thanks

Look in the for sale sections of this and other jeep forums for the radio. I will go with these guys on the steering wheel and belt. A junkyard is going to be your best bet unless it is pretty new 2000 or 2001 then Jack Miller might be better.

www.car-part.com, the For Sale section of any of the Jeep forums, and eBay, for used parts. www.allchryslerparts.com is a great source for factory original parts and they don't charge much for shipping. I have bought from them several times. Having the factory part number will save you lots of time searching for your parts.

Generic replacement parts are often from Crown Automotive and Omix-Ada and can be found on their websites and at www.4wd.com and [B]www.quadratec.com[/B]

Pigpen said:
Dude, that's not a bad price! Fenderless in Jersey is like flying a flag that says"pull me over officer". New replacement fender from Quadratec=$99.99 plus shipping and paint.

I picked one up at my p-n-p with the right color and badge and a power antenna for $42.00. You can get inexpencive parts if you look. I should know my rig is all done in junkyard parts.

Pigpen:greensmok

That's another thing. I've never seen a Black XJ or MJ there.

I could paint the flare, but the metal fender - would rather not.

I have a pre 96 non airbag Jeep steering wheel. It's leather covered (factory) black. It's the three spoke Jeep style wheel with the leather coverered spokes. Also have the center horn hub. It's also black with the machine screw style button. Looks real good with very little wear. I'll sell it for $40.00 plus shipping.

danzy said:
Thanks

Back