• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump Stop Oil?

tgregg

NAXJA Member #1444
Does the front bump stop have oil in it? I have a puddle that feels like oil but I see a coolant drip. In looking underneath the bump stop is all wet but it could just be coolant overflow dripping on it. I'm not familiar with XJ front suspensions.
thanks,

yes it does actually.It is a dealer only fluid due to its high toxicity which also requires that you fill out a id10t form that releases them from liability....

j/k!!!

no it doesnt something is leaking onto it making it appear to be leaking...

Last edited:
No, but you do have to remember to refill the blinker fluid and replace the muffler bearings when they get noisy.

Thanks, can anyone think of a big reason to replace a bump stop. This XJ is going to get a lift and tires and wheels in the coming year and I would guess they will need to be changed then anyway.

Heh. I've been driving around with one missing (frt passenger side, I think) for, well, since I bought the thing used. A few times, I've felt the axle make contact with the bump stop mount/tube thingy. Just be gentle, and you hardly need one. If you're going to thrash it, then you'll probably want to replace it.

2 bolts and a $6.00 peice of rubber. = Replace

Back