• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage in a box?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy, folks. I'm slowly building my XJ and looking at a cage in the nearish future. I have a welding shop in mind that does good work, cheap, but they aren't cage builders by trade. The bending and design process would be a pain...
Does anyone have experience with / an opinion on D and C cage kits?
http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126
Or any others of the sort?
I'm looking to protect occupants first and stiffen the body second... priority on both...
If the kit seems sketchy, anyone know of a cage builder in the Intermountain area (Utah?) I'm looking to spend >1200 Installed, if possible.
-Tom

a D&C cage saved 4XSANTA's life less than a month ago, he went ass over end 5 times down a hill and the cage barely shows any deflection. i would say they're pretty solid. shoot him a PM and ask about it hes a nice guy :D

Its important to note that santa had added about 15 braces to his d&c cage.

The d&c cage is a great start, it comes with all of the bent pieces. You do need to add all of your own bracing and triangulation.

There are pictures in the socal thread showing his cage build, go dig.. maybe 3 weeks back. Get good shots of what he added and take those + d&c cage to your welders.

Back