• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hp dana30 knuckle help

marcoleo

NAXJA Forum User
today I've removed the knuckle from a D30HP pre '91 in order to install 91 version, in the bottom of the knuckle there is an adjustable insert where is fit the stud, anyone can tell me how to adjust this?

I'm kind of pulling this out of my as--hat, but I alway set mine at 5.25 mm from the bottom of the knuckle to the bottom (slotted end) of the adjuster. I believe the number in inches is .206 or so.
I'll try and verify the numbers somewhere and post a correction if I'm wrong. But 5.25 mm has always worked for me.

the axle was very rusty and dirty but i've pulled out without probs.
thanks for the info.
I've found right now an instruction manual also them say to set the ring at .206" into the knuckle, with a note "this applies to vehicles through 1989 only"

marcoleo said:
the axle was very rusty and dirty but i've pulled out without probs.
thanks for the info.
I've found right now an instruction manual also them say to set the ring at .206" into the knuckle, with a note "this applies to vehicles through 1989 only"

The knuckle changed in 90, which is why the note says through 89. The 90+ knuckle should not use the insert and have cast in caliper mount.

i don't have still dismanted the broken '91, so i've to aspect knuckle whithout regulation...... hoping the studs and the distance are the same, i will see next week when i finish the work

Back