• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift install

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
well guys, recieved my rough country 4.5" lift from MR. UPS today and got to installing it around 6pm. I just finally finished taking the front apart me and my buddies. We got the drivers side put back together minus the shock and still have to do the passenger side. For being a jeep from kanasas w/o rust it was easy, but damn did they torque the hell outta those bolts from the factory. Fun even w/ air tools.

time to rest to finish the front and do the rear tomorrow.

anybody know what i'm supposed to torque all of these bolts down to?

Lower and upper control arms, track bar, all that stuff we took off?? torque specs would be nice

If rough country doesnt specify, torque to factory specifications

ok only took a day and a half, but now she has her lift.

was fun putting it on but we finally got it, no broken bolts, no problems, amazing what happens when you use air tools.

will post pics later

you got lucky, i started my lifting process last sunday, and im still not completely done, damn rust, and i had all the right tools, a grinder and torch comes in real handy. i still have to reconnect my front swaybar and torque down all the bolts as well as alignment and fixing other issues. yours was easy compared to mine.

Back