• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question regarding Stock shocks and lift

Killionaire

NAXJA Forum User
HI all,

I have been doing a fair amount of reading trying to find an answer to a specific question. Recently I have purchased the Rocky road budget 2" lift. I used the 2" poly spacer in the front and the 1.5" shackle in the rear. I HAVE NOT used the .5" block. Recently I have found the front springs far too soft i thought at first that it might be the sensa-trac shocks but after upgrading to the monroe reflex I have found it is better but it still likes to "bottom out". I have 2 questions the 1st is if I upgrade to ZJ coils (with V8) will that "stiffen" the ride and make it harder to bottom out?

Which leads me to my second question. With the Rocky road kit I am using their BPE's that extend the shock some. What I would like to know is if I use the zj coil in conjuntion with the 2" poly spacer (i understand this will yield approx 3" lift) will the stock shocks be ok using the Rocky Road BPE's? I do not wish to buy new shocks again.

Thanks for the help!
Matt

Bottoming out or maxing out the shock?

The BPEs will help if the shock is over extending. I personally would want a longer travel shock with 3" of lift. Even with BPE's you will have limitted travel in the shock.

The ZJ coils would deff help. The V8 coils are rated higher. Most report 1" lift with them.

Back