• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

left side driving lights dont work

Alademuerte

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ Sport, has the stock fog lights but I'm sure those dont have any relation to the problem.

But my left side driving lights dont work for some unknown reason. It occurred a few months ago.
Whenever I put a new fuse in for the left side driving lights, and go to turn on the lights, it shorts out and blows the fuse.

Brake lights, turn signals, 4-ways, and headlights works fine. Just the left front and rear driving lights do not.

I have tried pulling every bulb out of the left side, and tried a new fuse, and it blew too.

Kinda short on ideas on what else to check, or where to drop the multimeter into to see what's going on before I pay 60$/hour for a shop to work on it.

I have a 2001 XJ Limited and had a similar problem. My trailer towing light connector was the source of the short. Every time I plugged in to a trailer, my fuse blew. I corrected the short and it works fine now.

Gotta hate electrical issues...

BUT! My dad knew a master mechanic that I had helped repair his computer before, so him and I, about 12 fuses, every light disconnected, power distro blocks unconnected from fuse blocks, and about 7 hours.. We finally found the short, it was my left side fender light, the crappy Rusty's Tow hooks had bent my bumper, warped my fender, and in doing that, pinched the wire, causing it to wear, weld itself and short out..

It's all good now! I'm so happy, no more being pulled over, saved me an arm and a leg in costs, and is back to looking good.

Was that in your rear bumper or front bumper that you found your short? I have the EXACT same problem to a T. I also happen to have both front and rear damage on the left (driver side) only.

Back