• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header to cat pipe???

Tampa_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get a new one of these... Mine had an unfortunate meeting with a stump and is now dented almost closed right by the tranny... everywhere I've checked only carries the cat back sections...

What year is it? If it's a 96-99 the Walker Exhaust part number for that is 55277 and anyone that carries exhaust should be able to get it, or cross that number.

If it's a different year go to www.walkerexhaust.com and then click on catalog and select the make model year. It will show you the diagram with part numbers.

yea I guess I should say I'm able to find it but $75 for a damn pipe is waaaay to rich for my blood...especially a stock pipe that is crush bent.... I'd like to find a mandrel bent replacement if possible, but thus far Ican only find mandrel bent ones packaged with headers for $211.

Tampa_XJ said:
yea I guess I should say I'm able to find it but $75 for a damn pipe is waaaay to rich for my blood...especially a stock pipe that is crush bent.... I'd like to find a mandrel bent replacement if possible, but thus far Ican only find mandrel bent ones packaged with headers for $211.

Any exhaust shop should be able to bend up a replacement for that pipe for less than 100 bucks. Ask around to find the good shops in your area.

They're at NAPA online (and in the stores, I'd guess) or through JC Whitney/Carparts.com. About $60, IIRC.

Back