• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AIR COND PROBLEM

yikes

NAXJA Forum User
On a 2000 XJ - the ac works normal / nice and cold / but only for 15-20 minutes, then blows warm until it is shut off for 5 or so minutes. Then ac blows as cold as before. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Had the same problem on my 99. My evaporator was icing up. Cause was a bad low pressure switch. I'd venture a guess that your compressor never cycles. Very easy fix. Just replace the the switch which is under the hood on the low pressure (larger) AC line. Don't have to open the system as there's a schraeder valve under the switch. I had to go to the dealer for the switch which was around $25.

yikes said:
On a 2000 XJ - the ac works normal / nice and cold / but only for 15-20 minutes, then blows warm until it is shut off for 5 or so minutes. Then ac blows as cold as before. Any ideas ?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem on my 2000 as well. Works great when it work and it gets very cold. It could be on for 10-60 minutes (high side of time if blower is on full) and then it will blow warm for about 5 minutes or less. After that it just keeps repeating this cycle.

Is there a test to check the low preasure switch? I just don't want to throw a part on there unless I can tell it's bad.

Thanks! :D

take a look at the jeepsunlimited forum. search under a/c problem intermittent.

I had similar issues and we had a thread over there that addressed it.

hint ( I replaced the low pressure switch too, didn't help).

soccerfan said:
take a look at the jeepsunlimited forum. search under a/c problem intermittent.

I had similar issues and we had a thread over there that addressed it.

hint ( I replaced the low pressure switch too, didn't help).

Could you post the direct link? I tried to register over there and they still haven't sent me the email to confirm my account. Without an account, it will not let you search.

Really would like to solve this once and for all. Thanks!

Back