• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$75 good for a bored TB spacer?

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
Got a deal on a bored TB spacer. I have to give the guy mine (core charge lol) and he will give me a 62MM tb spacer for $75. Hes even gonna help me install it. Is this really a worth it mod? I have an exhaust and i'll be adding an intake of some sort.NAXJA

I'd put that money into some tow hooks for your rig, a Warn Hi Lift kit, or some other useful off road equipment. From what I've read, a TB spacer is not worth the money.

Better yet, take yer wife to the Simpsons movie and buy some corn and a drink. That'll be about $75.

I don't think I understand. Is he giving a whole new bored out throttle body, or just a spacer? I doubt a spacer by itself would make much difference, but I just bored the stock taper out of the bottom of my tb and definitely noticed better throttle response at low rpms.

75 bucks is steep for a part that delievers very little difference to performance. It does make a difference its just not noticeable to the average driver. If you are "on it" a lot you are more likely to see a difference.

My spacer was like 30 bucks or so shipped off ebay, its a smooth bore one too.

Back