• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" Rubicon Express install question.

FLEX. That is the same reson for having quick disconnect for the front. You don't need a rear sway

Not as much. I haven't seen an XJ with the rear sway on it. Unless it is a street rig

if you're worrying about how it flexes offroad, take it off. it's not needed. if you are going to tow something, it's better with it on.

I'm running the 3.5" RE with no rear sway, I've pulled several different trailers without a problem. Daily driving you probably won't notice the lack of it at all. The XJ's with the upcountry package came from the factory with no rear sway.

Usually rear leaf springs in general don't need a rwar sway bar (from my understanding), unless you want to improve handling a bit.
That being said, I installed one on my 77 dodge van. My reasoning was not handling, but to improve my ability to stay on the road in sidewinds. That thing was like a sailboat. It did help a little bit.
However, I removed the one in my 99 xj when replacing rear springs, and decided to leave it off. No real difference that I've noticed yet.

w_howey said:
Looks good.

The 31's always look just a hair small to me though.

Thanks. I wanted to go bigger than 31" tires but was worried about having to upgrade the gears and cutting out fenders. I plan on this being my DD for another year or two. Then start modding the thing for just trails.

I have 33" on mine, with the same lift. But I did have trim the fenders pretty significantly. Plus, I needed to get wheels with 4" BS to keep the tires out of the LCA's.

I left mine on. I have the same lift but with 1.5 shackle/spacers and 33s. I measrured how much flex I had with and without and there was barely any difference less than 1/2 inch (but since i have 33s I donot want that much flex). It is such a small bar but it does help on the road.

Back