• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disk brakes on a 9 inch

t151rex

NAXJA Forum User
im in the middle of swapping a 9 into to jeep. the stock drums were trash so i figured i might as well upgrade to disks. Im looking for some options that arent going to cost an arm and a leg. thanks.

I used mark IV stuff, but good luck finding that stuff. I don't think you can do it for under $300.

If you can get a good price from a junkyard on 01 cobra mustang calipers and rotors, Currie makes a caliper mounting bracket kit.

is it a 5 lug on 5.5 circle?

most likely it is

i used 77 f 150 front rotors for a d44, ground down the flange on the axle, used a 1/2 inch washer to take up the gap behind the backing plate. then i used the universal weld on bracket from ruffstuffspecialties.com for a 3.25 tube and i had to re cut it with a hole saw since it was designed for a 12" rotor and not an 11.75" ford rotor. with that bracket it allows you to run a 74 3/4 ton chevy caliper and pads.

i am still in the process of doing this, but i did it all for under 150.

search google for disk brake 9" and there are a couple good threads on pirate.

Back