• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower Control Arm Mounts

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
My lower control arm mounts are shot and need replaced but I don't want to put any more money than I have to into this dana 30. I am looking at going to a 44 soon. Where can I find some lower control arm mounts to get me by for a while.
Also with running the TnT YLink can you move the lowers up with out much ill effect since its a radius arm design?
I like the looks of Rustys at $60 but there has to be something cheaper out there than that. Any alternatives?

Make some!
More pics of mine:http://hometown.aol.com/rpayne9421/page6.html
fh000005.jpg

Make some or have them made. even if you pay a shop, it shouldn't be much. I bought a pair off ebay for like 30 bucks. I was going to have a buddy bend up a piar to match stock ones but with 1/4".
That's just what these were, so to make it a bit easier, I just bought them.

jwtrapper said:
Also with running the TnT YLink can you move the lowers up with out much ill effect since its a radius arm design?

Bumping an old thread, I know...

But I have the same question as above and saw that it went unanswered. jw, did you try it?

No I haven't done it yet I just put a bandaid on it and its worked so far. I am at the point right now that I need to do something. I need steering, brakes, lower control arm mounts, better pinion angle. I was thinking about polishing my 30. Turning the C's and using some WJ knuckles and brakes. A lot of work for a 30 but I don't want to have to build a new rear just yet.

You could use them but I would want some adjustable arms to go along with them.
These must be the ones that replace the ones that I went with. The ones they had befor you had to weld up, came in 4 pieces that you put together. These look good too.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Lower-axle-link-brackets_p_34-1397.html
im still not sure if these are the right width to accept stock or aftermarket LCAs...

they look like you could weld them at any position around the axle. you could weld them facing the rear, parallel the ground. that might lessen the need for longer arms. this would raise the lower mounting point. almost like drop brackets but reverse.

if you were gonna go with adjustables you might as well keep the lower mounts in the same position. my problem with adjustables is that one youve got them the length you need you might as well weld them in place cause you dont need em to be adjusted anymore unless you plan to lift more or use em on another rig.

Rockkrawler has there skid/brackets still! You have to call them to get em. I ordered mine today. If your LCA mounts are still somewhat locating the arms correctly, or can be massaged back into place, these will wrap completely around the stock mounts. They then weld to the stock mounts and to the axle tube just like an entire new bracket. You are just using the stock mount to locate it and ensure the correct position. I had these on my TJ and they were amazing. Beat the crap out of them and never caused any trouble.

EDIT:
I found a pic of them....

RKLCASKID.jpg

Last edited:
live24wheel said:
Rockkrawler has there skid/brackets still! You have to call them to get em. I ordered mine today. If your LCA mounts are still somewhat locating the arms correctly, or can be massaged back into place, these will wrap completely around the stock mounts. They then weld to the stock mounts and to the axle tube just like an entire new bracket. You are just using the stock mount to locate it and ensure the correct position. I had these on my TJ and they were amazing. Beat the crap out of them and never caused any trouble.

EDIT:
I found a pic of them....

RKLCASKID.jpg
those are cool but im looking for something that will replace the stock mounts. i have a D30 that has the mount almost ripped completely off.

Since this thread has been revived I may as well give an update to what I did.

I got the Currie mounts. I ended up mounting them in the stock location but did squeeze them up a little higher (1/4-1/2"?) than the stock ones were.

My lower control arm mounts are shot and need replaced but I don't want to put any more money than I have to into this dana 30. I am looking at going to a 44 soon. Where can I find some lower control arm mounts to get me by for a while.
I like the looks of Rustys at $60 but there has to be something cheaper out there than that. Any alternatives?

I had the same problem, shops wanted like 200-300 to fix them, so i spent $175 to get 2 High Pinion dana 30s, both with good shafts and everything, one with 3.55s and one with 4.10s haha.

Back