• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Question ...

mikegronholz

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone use the FleetGuard filters made by Onan (aka Cummins) ? They have a regular paper filter and an upgraded one with synthetic media called stratapore. The general consensus by the diesel gurus (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc) is that the Stratapore filters are the best out there. I have used them on my CTD with nothing but phenominal Blackstone reports with OCI's ranging from 5-10k. Better than Napa\Wix, Mobil 1, K&N, etc. They are about the same price as the other "high quality" filters out there, but you get them at Cummins, International or other "big rig" shops.

The direct cross for the Chysler filter is LF3487 for the Stratapore.

http://www.fleetguard.com/fleet/en/catalog/part_search.jsp?searchParts=LF3487

For all your filter needs and more, try visiting bobistheoilguy.com
Ive read a lot there, and some of the there are into filters as much as we are into Jeeps. :rolleyes:

a oil filter for 1980s ford 5.0s will work on Jeeps, clearance providing. You'll need to move the big black soup can (carbon canister?) somewhere so it's easier to install, but they have more filter media inside of it.

mikegronholz said:
Does anyone use the FleetGuard filters made by Onan (aka Cummins) ? They have a regular paper filter and an upgraded one with synthetic media called stratapore. The general consensus by the diesel gurus (Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc) is that the Stratapore filters are the best out there. I have used them on my CTD with nothing but phenominal Blackstone reports with OCI's ranging from 5-10k. Better than Napa\Wix, Mobil 1, K&N, etc. They are about the same price as the other "high quality" filters out there, but you get them at Cummins, International or other "big rig" shops.

I'll give them a try. There's a cummins dealer not far from where I live.:us::cheers:

I have not seen anything better than K & N yet.

What makes them better than K & N filters?

mikegronholz said:

Back