• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Suspension?

I have been looking though so many different sites for lift kits i am going cross eyed.

So which is the best? I do alot of trail riding, rock climbing, and i get into mud every now and then but i try to stay away from it.(Mud tears alot of things up)

Skyjacker
Rusty's
BDS
Tomeken
Rock Krawler
Trail master
Rough Country
Tough Country
Ext.....

You be the Judge and speak your opinion!!

Hey man, before you get flamed too bad for a post like this. I'll just say if you spend some time searching on this site for the various brands you have listed, you will find pages of information. This has all been discussed many times before.
So do some searching and narrow it down & then come back with some specific questions.
Good luck.

How much you wanna put in is usually the deciding factor. I have the RC 3" with full leafs in the rear. I like it and can't complain. The price is preety nice for a tight budget. Plus they have great customer service!!! One of their reps is even a member of :NAXJA:! But there are also a lot of people who can't stand RC. So to each his own. Good luck man. :cheers:

I am shooting for 8" and 35's. The 8" is if i ever want a bigger tire and I have run 35's on a previous vehicle. I feel that 35's are streetable and trail ready, any bigger than you really have to do some modification to steering, axles and so on. Not that i am not going to address that issue as well. I am just trying to find who has the best for what i am going to do. It has to be tough as well as functional. I don't wan't to go to the extreme of coil overs but price is not really an issue. I have not spent 15 months in IRAQ for nothing.

If your going to run 35s you don't need 8". 8" creates more problems than anyone wants, so unless your running 40"+, stick to 4.5"-6.5" There are quite a few threads on that one as well.

I am getting ready to go from 6.5" back to 4.5" to have a better COG. Its on 33s, but I plan to run 35s at 4.5".

TALL lifts may look "cool", but if your going for function, stay low, get armor, and remember the sawzall is your friend ;)

I vote Old Man Emu or Superlift. Both have very good ride quality. RE and RC are good for the hardcore offroader because they tend to have a stiffer ride.

Well out of the one's listed and the minimal description that you provided i'd have to say RK. If you get more specific you'll get a lot more help.

lancey3 said:
Well out of the one's listed and the minimal description that you provided i'd have to say RK. If you get more specific you'll get a lot more help.

I am guessing by ext?? he was going for etc. ? I may be wrong though.

If you plan to wheel it, go for stock until you get a feel for it. That's what I did with mine for a while, even with saggy ass leafs =D

I think 8" is excessive but for lifts I would go RE, RC, OME, Rusty's... There are prolly more good ones, I have heard good things about the last 3. I have RE 3.5" SF and I love it. Do what suits you though,

Last edited:
Ben H said:
I vote for seat time.

I agree, maybe with a small lift (3.5 RE) and some armor (rock rails, skids etc.).

FWIW, I've had me jeep for 2 years now set up like above and still think I need more seat time before I go bigger.

The reason for the big lift is that if i ever want a bigger tire i can fit it. I really do not want to hack up the fenders/sheet metal. I really like the way it looks without cutting. I don't wheel that hardcore of stuff like moab but in the future i might. I am used to a high center of gravity because of the Military vehicles i operate are so big i don't even notice it any more. Most of the trucks i drive have 53" tires so i have learned how they will handle. I had skyjacker on a previous truck and it did ok but i was not that impressed.Thanks for all the advice, i welcome all ideas..

from what i've seen, full traction has a pretty awesome long-arm kit complete with brackets for long uppers. i myself, am not a really big fan of the radius arm design kits. teraflex has a really good kit, but i would recommend buying/fabbing up a different t-case crossmember. yeah.

Stock....

you can trim and move the stock fenders up if you really want the stock look. is money no object because its going to cost a ton of money to run a huge lift. gears tires rims sye driveshafts etc

i have deff. done alot of research and i do know how much it will cost. i am not wanting to touch the sheet metal unless i have 2. now i am trying to find a hp dana 30 and a dana 44 out of an older xj. from what i understand the dana 35 is junk and i need a hp d30 to run a big lift without running into problems. Now the question is who has what i need? Please answer!!

Back