• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Motor Mounts (polyurethane)

Poly WILL give you lots of vibes.

I replaced mine with the M.O.R.E Bombproof mounts with the rubber inserts.

Your Jeep is a 91... that original rubber mount lasted quite a long time, IMO no need to go poly. The MORE mount uses a rubber XJ control arm bushing, so you can rebuild it if you need to.

l_b150250a34e43b455682f165ef243673.jpg

Stock Vs. M.O.R.E

I'm in the middle of this swap as we speak (if weather would ever let up, so I can finish).

I really recommend staying with some sort of a rubber mount. I WASTED my money on poly,you would not believe the vibes I get!Shake the nuts of a squirrel!

I went with Brown Dog Industries poly mounts. They're not much more expensive than good replacement OEMs, but comparing them side-by-side, they're MUCH more stout. I too had huge amounts of vibes when I installed the mounts, but went back and re-read the directions which warned of excessive vibration if the bolt is tightened too much. I backed the nut off the main bolt a bit and now I'ts really nice. There is NO MORE VIBE THAN STOCK when driving down the road, and slightly more vibe than stock when sitting still. I think I posted a step-by-step installation guide on this forum as well if you're interested...

kd5dwy said:
I went with Brown Dog Industries poly mounts. They're not much more expensive than good replacement OEMs, but comparing them side-by-side, they're MUCH more stout. I too had huge amounts of vibes when I installed the mounts, but went back and re-read the directions which warned of excessive vibration if the bolt is tightened too much. I backed the nut off the main bolt a bit and now I'ts really nice. There is NO MORE VIBE THAN STOCK when driving down the road, and slightly more vibe than stock when sitting still. I think I posted a step-by-step installation guide on this forum as well if you're interested...
X2, including having to loosen them a bit.

Back