• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does a trundown quiet an exhaust?

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
My new exhaust.....EH, its not so good. Its running straight out of th emufler though, with no turndown. Would adding a trun down quiet it down? It sounds like a motorboat at low rpms.

With mine its just a dynomax s/t keeping the noise down and I added a turn down to keep the floorboards cool. It has a rumble at low rpms but no more motor boat sound. If you have just a muffler and no tail, when you weld the turndown on angle it out from underneath the car. Itll aid in noise disipation by directing engine noise away from the car.

try and get some vid outside the vehicle near the exhuast tip. It sounds quiet enuf at low RPM's almost tuner'ish. But still has some snarl when you get going.
I may have to try the turn down method in the future. Banks to custom to cat to Flow 50 and over axle to tail... but it keeps getting dented. All in good time.

Back