• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuild engine time. HELP!!!

SHESASASSY

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in need of some help.I would like to have any and all opinions in regards to a custom rebuild on my 87 4.0 engine. The engine has 200,000 miles and since I installed a 6" lift and 33" tires the SOB is blowing oil faster than I can put it in.I do want to bebuild the original remix engine,but not sure what is best route to take without spending a whole lot of money . I do have someone that rebuilds engines for a living to do the work and they rebuild all makes and models,but they may not know all when it comes to the 4.0 engine. I know this engine will not be total stock,but what.. I'm not sure. The work is to begin next week.Please help with this project. :dunno:

Full rebuild. If you mean new pistons, new bearings, new gaskets, etc.

Build a stroker. Its about 100-200 more than building stock. Its ALL the same work. Just a little more on the tech side to get the right parts.

Start doing some research into stroking it. The block is going to have to be reworked anyway and you might as welll bore it out and set it up as a stroker.

When I replaced the engine I'm running now I was stuck on either stroking it or doing little extras. I went the extra route. Exhaust got replaced with big name stuff, Mean Green starter and Alt, Flowkooler water pump.... yada. The money I would have spent on stroking it quickly got ate up with bolt on type stuff.

Back