• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" add a leaf

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok, think i'm going w/ this lift. Couple questions though. From reading, if i get the transfer case drop, do i still need the SYE and the Driveshaft or does the drop take care of that problem.

Also how do i know if i have a dana 35, 44 or a chrystler 8.5"

and how do i know which transfer case i have, NP231, or 242.

I have a 95 XJ 4 door 4x4.

also anyone know anybody who works or deals w/ Rubicon Express,

there should be 2 little metal tabs on the "pumpkin" of your axle, one is your gear ratio and the other should tell you what axle it is. On your transfer case there is a data plate, you may need to wipe all the oil and dirt off to see it, it will tell you what it is.

axle-identification-chart.gif

On the backside of every Cherokee transfer case is a round silver and red tag that idenifies the type.

The D35 can have a secrew in plug or a rubber press in plug.
standard

Get a delete credit from your vendor for the t-case drop. Apply that credit toward an SYE and driveshaft.

Skip the NAXJA FAQ - there's a reason for the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words" ...NAXJA's FAQs are full of words but short on pics. With a good picture and eyeballs on your rear axle it's VERY easy to properly identify it.

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/history.html#axles
axle_d35.jpg

D35

axle_825.jpg

C8.25 - your 95 would have 27-spline axleshafts if stock.

axle_d44.jpg

D44 - to have one, it would have to have been swapped in by a previous owner.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Back