• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE HD track bar question

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the middle of installing the Rubicon hd track bar and bracket and I have run into a bump in the road. The lower bolt for the axle mounted side doesnt fit. It is a 1/2 bolt and the hole is too small. I just wanted to make sure this is normal before I drill it out?

I didn't have to drill mine out, and the instructions don't say anything about drilling it out.

Attach new track bar to lower mounting bracket (axle side) using the supplied ½-2.5” bolt. This will be the poly-bushing end of bar. Position bar so it starts out parallel with the axle (horizontal), then turns up toward the frame bracket, then almost horizontal again (see photo 3).

Instructions found here ----> http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Img/Products/Pn/6/1796/PDF/Instructions/0.pdf

Be 100% certain you are talking about the correct hole before drilling it out. Could you post a couple pictures first so that we can verify what you are talking about?

Yep that's the spot! :)

Do you still have the stock nut that was used for your stock track bar? It should have a bracket on it that gets wedged so you don't have to hold it.

If so, is that stock nut also 1/2"

Mine was a 92, so perhaps there was a change since then.

Looks like they provided you with all new hardware. You should be ok with drilling it out then.

So after a trip to home depot for a drill bit I didnt have it is done (well has been for a while). I got the bracket and track bar in and I think the axle is centered but to tell you the truth I have no idea. I have never done a track bar before so any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help guys!

Also should the grease fitting be up or down? or does it not matter?

Here are a couple other goodies I have to be installed:

Brand new to me Bushwackers that were never installed and some sway bar reloc. brackets.

Last edited:
Back