• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another RC question

don't do AAL.

lancey3 said:
don't do AAL.
Why? That kit's a full-length add-a-leaf, not a shorty. There's nothing wrong with a full length AAL. It might not be as nice as a whole new leaf pack, but for cost savings, its a perfectly viable alternative. A full length leaf added to the pack is not going to slowly destroy the pack like a shorty would...

call blue ridge 4x4.
706-374-FLIP

they handle all the rough country stuff.

can probably get you just as good a price as JC whitney too.

Beej said:
Why? That kit's a full-length add-a-leaf, not a shorty. There's nothing wrong with a full length AAL. It might not be as nice as a whole new leaf pack, but for cost savings, its a perfectly viable alternative. A full length leaf added to the pack is not going to slowly destroy the pack like a shorty would...

For 200 more you can have a much longer lasting pack with alot more flex.

one thing to be carefull about buying from jc whitney is to make sure you read everything and ask questions on what it comes with ie... shocks

they will take someones product and unpack it take out or add what they think and then resell it as complete just a heads up

lancey3 said:
I wasn't talking about the price difference, I was talking about all the advice he's getting unrelated to his topic and with no questions asked regarding what he's planning to do. Who care if there is a full pack with the next level up for only 200 more, how do we even know what he needs? 200 is a lot of money, enough for other goodies he may need in the future too...

Do you guys think I should go for the 3" with full springs or the 4.5" with AAL's? They are about the same price and I am on a budget so the full 4.5" kit is out of the question right now. Also I decided to buy from Rough Country direct.

i'm running the 3" with the full lenght add-a-leaf for almost 2years or so, and have beat the living daylights out of it. recently i just added a 2" budget boost on top of that and beat it even harder. hasn't caused any problems for me yet.

2 things i would HIGHLY recommend would be an adjustable trackbar and extended brake lines.....BUT......guess what??? i didn't have them when i first put the kit on. i couldn't afford any more than the most basica 3" kit. yeah the trackbar drop bracket does give you some slight bumpsteer, but nothing crazy or scary. a few months later i had enough to get the rough country trackbar. then a few months later i got myself extended brake lines.

if you relocate the brake lines like rough country shows in their instructions, you should be ok until you can get brake lines. just make sure you carefully and slowly flex it out first and make sure the lines don't get tightened so you don't rip them. and a piece of "my personal advice".....when you do get the extended brake lines, get them for 1 or 2" more lift then you have. it's always good to plan ahead. when i had my 3" lift, i got lines for 5.5" lift. yeah they were long and i had to come up with an idea to keep them out of possible danger. but now that i'm up to 5.5" lift, i don't have to replace the brakelines AGAIN. so in the long run you safe money on the brake lines if you plan ahead.

Back