• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 3" lift kit?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody ever use the 3" lift kit from Rusty's on here?

I notice it says 2 - 3" lift....how much did you actually get?

I assume the 30lb heavier rate coils + the overload leaf in the rear packs is the same price, as nothing is mentioned about it being more expensive. About how much more lift will that get you?

Also is the stabilizer a good upgrade or no?

A local deal on a lift went sour and I need one ASAP.....Badlands on the 11th of August - I'm running out of time!

If you're running out of time, don't get rusty's.

Blaine B. said:
Yeah, I've heard they have some shipping issues at times.

Although the last order I had from them came very quickly!

Here is a look at my just completed Rough Country 3" Lift
Plus RC Gives a 10% discount to NAXJA members.
I ordered Saturday morning, UPS was at my door Tuesday afternoon.
Full view: http://www.blufalcon.com/xj/lifted.html
compair.jpg

Im running a BDS 3" Blaine, Sits at 4" in the back and just over 3.5 " in the front after 2 years. Thinking I might add a 1" T&T Shackle and a 1" spacer. Probably gonna stick with my 31" MTRs for now. Possibly just gonna go to 4.5"
and 32's. Can't decide.

Stripers, that looks sexy. Definately the lift I'm looking for (right now) in terms of inches.

And Jeff - I think your chrome rims look good, but I thought the black ones matched better......just MY opinion. What I mean is, they are the only chrome thing. If there was something else chrome to go along with the chrome rims.....that's all I'm saying :thumbup:

I got four inches out of rusty's 3 inch. I couldn't be happier with it. Make sure you get a T-case drop to hopefully save you from the SYE.

I have the Rusty's Heavy Duty 3" Kit (Higher rate coils, full leaf pack w/overide spring). I got 3.5" out of it. I am very happly with it ....rides great (I always get comments from passengers how it rides so well for a lifted vehicle) and performs really well on the trail (with the front sway disconnected, I had to do decent trimming to allow room for just the 31's at full stuff! .... huge amounts of flex with this kit .. for a 3", stock arm, etc.).
One thing I would recommend adding is slightly extended shackes for the rear. I did not do this at 1st, and the right rear shackle was actually bottoming into the frame under some bumps, etc when I had passengers in the back seat (made a terrible embarrassing noise). This is due to the longer/ arched spring pack forcing the stock shackle back farther than usual. The shackles weren't much $, and fixed it right up. This also gives a little extra height in the rear as well (3/4"?).

I'm still looking for a 3" lift. I need something that comes with shocks. I'm looking at either Black Diamond, RE or Rusty's. Black Diamond has everything I need but haven't found anyone who has one installed, Rusty's has a good price but I need to figure out if I need a new trackbar with that, and RE doesn't come with shocks but I do remember a site that sold the 3.5" SR kit with shocks, I just don't remember where.

I just went through the whole what to do scenerio, who's kits to buy.. where to buy it and the such, I finally decided to go with Rusty's 3 inch regular. I order the kit last Tuesday evening and had it Friday morning. Installed the kit with minor swearing and a few snapped bolts but it is in there. I have a 2000 XJ and got 3 inch in front and almost 5 in rear, which should settle some. I have very minor drive line vibes which I hope to resolve this weekend with a TC drop. I was worried about the service and products from Ruisty's but have been happy so far. The Jeep rides different then stock of course but I rides well in my opinion. I might have got lucky but had no problems with Rusty's, go for it for a cheap lift.

Just got the lift today.

Here's some pics. I know for sure the coils are the heavy duty coils as they have 305 stamped on them - which is the number for HD coils.

But the leaf packs....is the smallest leaf the overload spring that was supposed to come in the HD leaf packs? Usually I think of an overload spring as a flat leaf rather than curved. Anybody know?

We'll start putting it on Sunday. That's the plan!

Now here's the pics.

RustysLift.jpg

CoilsShocks.jpg

Leafs1.jpg

Leafs2.jpg

Thanks! :)

Hmm... My coils say 305, and I dont think theyre HD.

Just looked on the site and what do you know, 305 is HD. My friend has 315 Rusty's coils and I always thought those were the were HD.

Anyway, Its been over a year and unloaded my rear leafs still sit at 4" - Loaded to the headliner with stuff for college it sunk down to just under 3," and that was at least 300lbs of stuff.

My leafs look the same as yours, with the tiny leaf on the bottom. I though the overload would have been a straight, uncurved leaf like on full size trucks.

Guess I have an HD kit after all.

EDIT: Lucky bastard my bar pins did not come already pressed in. That took me almost an hour to do.

Back