• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running a Currie Anti-rock?

Uglygreenxj

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to install an Anti-rock but I'm not sure if it will conflict with my limit strap mounts. If anyone is running one, could you please give me the measurement from inside of arm to inside of arm? My XJ is set up for prerunning and would feel much more stable at speed with a swaybar as I ditched the stock one a while back when I was using it more for rockcrawling.

Uhhh...arent they only for TJs?

JNickel101 said:
Uhhh...arent they only for TJs?

Nope, they make an XJ specific unit. It can be purchased direct from Currie, or from T&J's.

I have one on my XJ, The arms are a little shorter than there standard set up becouse they bolt into the old swaybar mounts. It works great, Would never use discos again. T&J makes the mount for Currie. They both sell the Kit.

FordGuy said:
I have one on my XJ, The arms are a little shorter than there standard set up becouse they bolt into the old swaybar mounts. It works great, Would never use discos again. T&J makes the mount for Currie. They both sell the Kit.

Glad to hear from someone who's running it that it works well. Now I just need to know how wide it is so I can see if it will interfere with my limit strap mounts. If not, I'm ordering one right away!

The arms point just about center of the coil springs. I had to take the drivers side arm and put a slight bend in it to clear the full traction track arm bracket.

Uglygreenxj said:
I would like to install an Anti-rock but I'm not sure if it will conflict with my limit strap mounts. If anyone is running one, could you please give me the measurement from inside of arm to inside of arm? My XJ is set up for prerunning and would feel much more stable at speed with a swaybar as I ditched the stock one a while back when I was using it more for rockcrawling.
I got the universal kit from Currie, doesn't come with any mounting tabs but is a bit cheaper than the xj specific but is the same width(same everything but the arms and linkage minus the mounting), the arms are a bit longer as they end up just behind the front x-member as opposed to the stock sb mounts, width-wise they clear the "frame" by about .5" on either side, the links are about 2x too long for me so I had to cut and tap one. I'll get a width measurement tomorrow if you still haven't found one, there is no room on what I have to fit the limit strap mount between the anti-rock arms and the "frame", how is your rig coming along these days? haven't seen any recent progress pics, been busy myself though.
good luck
IMG_0438.jpg

Skullvarian said:
I got the universal kit from Currie, doesn't come with any mounting tabs but is a bit cheaper than the xj specific but is the same width(same everything but the arms and linkage minus the mounting), the arms are a bit longer as they end up just behind the front x-member as opposed to the stock sb mounts, width-wise they clear the "frame" by about .5" on either side, the links are about 2x too long for me so I had to cut and tap one. I'll get a width measurement tomorrow if you still haven't found one, there is no room on what I have to fit the limit strap mount between the anti-rock arms and the "frame", how is your rig coming along these days? haven't seen any recent progress pics, been busy myself though.
good luck

It's still not finished, really just interior stuff to finish, wire up the gauges, mount the GPS, cb, etc. Getting the seats in was terrible, lots of four letter words, but they're in. I really wanted to get them lower than the stock ones but even after "manipulating" the tunnel I only got them a hair lower than stock. Anyway, it's driveable and I've had it out a few times now. The hydrobumps are unbelievable. We ran it through the whoops in the local riverbottom at 60mph and the rear didn't buck at all, did real well. Landings are amazingly smooth. I'm already pushing it harder than I'd ever planned to. I'm having problems with the steering now. Box is shot and I'm tired of replacing it under warranty from Autozone. I broke down and ordered an extreme duty unit from PSC. Next up will be Currie steering. My only real compaint right now is the body roll. I can't really pitch it like I want in the corners cause it leans so much and the rear won't break loose, even with the spool out back. Gotta get a sway bar on there and it looks like its sway bar or limit strap mounts at this point. Now I know why the bar arms on the Fat City car are shaped so weird, to clear the limit strap mounts.

Dave

Back