• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windshield washer spray not working

ryang007

NAXJA Forum User
Neither my front or back windshield wiper sprays work....my rear went out about 6 months ago and just recently the front sprays quit working.

i checked out the washer fluid tank(which i must say is a complete pain to access) and couldnt see any disconnected wires or hoses. Is there any relays/fuses that coul be the problem.....when try to spray it doesnt sould like anything kicks on(my wipers work btw)...any help would be great

There is a fuse. Have no idea what year your's is but the Cherokee used the same pump(s) (front/rear) from at least 86'thru 01', cost about $12.00 ea.

I have a 97, and it stopped working after bumping it offroad onetime. Since then I replaced it with a 96 or older resevoir. The pumps are different, and there are two of them, one for the front, one for back.
I picked up the res and the pumps with it for $5 I think at a wrecker. Bonus is if you have a 97 or newer you can put the 96 n older inside the engine bay instead of in the wheel well.
Or ya it could be the fuze.

dizzymac said:
There is a fuse. Have no idea what year your's is but the Cherokee used the same pump(s) (front/rear) from at least 86'thru 01', cost about $12.00 ea.

Do you know where that fuse is located on a 2000 XJ by any chance?

Back