• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 XJ radio ?

th3godf4th3r

NAXJA Forum User
i was just wondering if its possible to fit a double din sized radio into the stock opening, i know the size i believe is only single din but still it can be customized.

anyone done it?

th3godf4th3r said:
i was just wondering if its possible to fit a double din sized radio into the stock opening, i know the size i believe is only single din but still it can be customized.

Not quite - '97-up is DIN-and-a-half. People have put double-DIN head units in there, but it's required some non-trivial modification of the centre bezel. Of course, if you can find a single-DIN unit that does everything you want, there's no end of adapters to fit. This is what I've done in both of my XJs, and they work quite well.

Check the Street / Performance and Picture forums - should give you some idea of what people have done in both regards.

Back