• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need window help!

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i have until tomaro afternoon to work on my jeep before i have to leave it down in phoenix and head for flagstaff again :shiver: , I went out and bought a set of doors from a gentleman on craigs, I am trying to take the driver side vent window and assembly out of the door and put it in mine, (mine came with a shattered vent window.) its the movable kind, AMC Jeep salvage here in PHX had a fixed window for 40$ got the whole door for 10. minus the interior panels. :viking:

What is the best way to remove the vent window and assembly then put it back in?

THANKS!!!

Trent

nvm I got it, took a bit of tinkering and i boogered up the weather stripping pretty bad, but nothing a little longer screws and some gorrilla glue wont fix eh?

have a good one,

now I'm off to strip out my two parts doors for anything thats salvagable.

I had to do mine a few weeks ago, I locked the keys in the heep 20 miles from no where so the vent window was sacrificed to the off-road gods. It was a cheap fix. Easier than a slim jim or picking the lock. My spare key mag box had fallen off. I've got it in a better place now.

Cost was around $20(picked up a used wvent window and frame) and about 30 minuets to replace. The guys had fun with me busting out the window. Here are some priceless pics.

window2.jpg

window3.jpg

Back