• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper recommendations?

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Driving home from work yesterday a rock about the size of a big softball fell off a truck traveling the other direction...couldn't avoid it...Log story short it did this to my bumper..
chasdwitt

So, it was time to change out my bumper anyway. Don't need a winch bumper, don't want a pre-runner bar. Would like a wrap around with hooks or rings and a receiver.
Any suggestions? Links?

Quadratech's got a front tube bumper with a grill guard built in for $199.99.
Ya know thats not all that bad looking considering that was soft ball sized. Id like to see what it would have done to a defensless little honda !

No S**t!!
I measured the spot from the ground and then measured the wife's Camry. If I was driving that car it would have completely cleared the front of the hood and I wouldn't be here now...so driving an XJ actually SAVED MY LIFE...dramatic, yes, but I would at least be F ' ed up real good.

What a lucky hit. RIGHT between the headlight and fog light. Dead center. And didn't damage anything else! Lucky in a way. Replacing with a stocker out of a junk yard will probably cost less then the headlight if you go that route.

Sorry I don't have a useful opinion on the bumper. The only bumpers I've seen that I like are the custom jobs I've seen here on NAXJ. All the after-market stuff just really seem to suck.

While we all appreciate the effort, you really didn't have to remove the fender to show us the end on view of that excellent piece of rubber! Next time, just cut the wheel hard left and you can get the camera angle with MUCH less work.

tbburg said:
While we all appreciate the effort, you really didn't have to remove the fender to show us the end on view of that excellent piece of rubber! Next time, just cut the wheel hard left and you can get the camera angle with MUCH less work.

LOL I got in a car accident in early june. Fender was rubbing the tire. So I took it off, and put it back in shape as best as possible, even though it looked like crap. So I reinstalled the fender temporarily and had the flare held on by zipties......but the fender was too far in due to the damage and everytime my tire would go all of the way up, the fender was putting some custom sipes in my tread. So I took it back off a few days ago.

Junkyard wants a whopping $68.00 for a fender. I couldn't believe that! And like the same amount for a bumper.......for stuff from a junkyard????? Come on!

I have a winch version of this bumper but being you don't want the winch but do want tow points and a receiver this is PERFECT for you.
http://rigidco.com/FbG.htm
This guys products are SWEET! It does give some side protection but not sure if you'd call it a wrap-a-round bumper. All I know is how much abuse my bumper has taken and the only damage it ever sees is scratches in paint.

Last edited:
Back