• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" kit....

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I know the RE 3.5" kit sits about an inch lower in the front...

Does anyone know if the 4.5" kit does this as well??? Thanks

Mike!

My RE 4.5" kit sits about an inch higher in the rear, but I am using a different set of shackles that adds 1/4" more than the shackles that come with the RE kit. I have thought about swapping shackles but I think what I'll do is wait unitl I get a winch bumper and winch and see how much it makes the front sag and then add some spacers to bring it level.

The only RE XJ kits that won't sit high in the rear are the add-a-leaf kits. Or the 2" spacer kits with the blocks in the rear.

Thanks guys....I will pick up a 3/4 spacer when I do the install....

mine was about level, without my 250 + lb. Warn bumper, but that dragged it down maybe 1 &1/2" or so. The springs in the back are starting to settle now and it gets better every day. Spacers wouldn't be a bad idea, but if you didn't have the weight I would expect it to level out nicely after 3000 miles or so. I also keep the back end fully loaded with gear.

What EMS Jeep said, if you're not carrying anything in the back I hear it sets up an inch or so higher if you put 1" poly's in the front that might level it out.

I'll throw in. I have the RE4.5 SF and netted just short of 5" in front and 5.5" in back. Just expect it. When the jeep is full of all your weekend junk it may level off a little. If I add a winch bumper I'll definitely throw a 3/4" spacer in there.

Back