• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE flex arms

stuckinice

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get a little bit more flex out of my 2000 xj.I have a 3in lift with 2in spacers and shackels 5in total.Its my dd but i do like to push it when i do wheel.I was looking at long arms and the flex arms and i am not shore on what to do.I dont need anything major just a little more flew too keep up with every1 that i wheel with.Pretty much i'm asking what do u think is worth the money spend a little more on the long arms or save a few on the short???Thanks for all responses:helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

Lets get the short arms+drop brackets vs long arms debate going! Would like opinions on the same thing as Stuckinice!!!

Ummm yea on going debate...... money wise: drop brackets will be cheaper and can return rig back to stock. Best flex: long arms but will cost more and cost you the ablitity to return rig back to stock...... Really all that simple. Drop brackets will give you a better ride vs without them on short arms and will flex a little more, mainly ride quality and better control arm angles. I got the drop brackets for sale if anyone wants em.

Even if you stay the same height, at 5 inches, drop brackets will improve ride and increase front end flex

MG2000XJ said:
In my opinion for a dd that sees alot of road time and some weekend wheeling drop brackets are the way to go.

tbburg said:
Even if you stay the same height, at 5 inches, drop brackets will improve ride and increase front end flex

Yes and Yes. DB's live up to the hype. I netted 5" with my RE4.5 SF kit and I went DB's and adjustables about a month ago. The change was amazing both with on road and off road ride. The off road flex is improved and the clearance hasn't been an issue. Check out the thread below:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=922740&page=2

It contains a link to Yucca's write-up for DB's and my comments following my own install.

Good luck.

Back